Terms and Conditions for this website (ewc.coach), coaching, memberships, and courses
By accessing this site and any coaching or course materials you purchase from it, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, all relevant regulations and laws, and you agree that your compliance with applicable local laws is your responsibility. If you do not agree with any of these Terms and Conditions, you are prohibited from accessing this site or using any materials obtained through this site. Please note that all materials (including, but not limited to, blog posts, coaching materials, and courses are protected by all applicable copyright laws.
All materials associated with this website, unless explicitly stated otherwise (as in guest blog posts), and any goods or services purchased from it are the intellectual property of Dr Jennifer Diann Jones, owner and sole-proprietor.
Use of Materials
Use of materials associated with this website and any goods or services purchased from it
must respect the intellectual property rights of their creator(s). You may quote from or summarise blog posts so long as all quotations or summaries are properly attributed and within the bounds of applicable copyright laws. You may use coaching materials and course materials for your own development and education. You may not engage in the following:
- Make changes to or copies of any materials on the site or included in coaching or courses;
- Appropriate any materials for your own commercial purposes;
- Publicly display any coaching or course materials; or
- Remove or obscure copyright notices on the materials.
Violation of these restrictions will result in your being prohibited to access materials on or associated with this site.
All coaching clients and course participants accept that while I promise to support you to the best of my ability, you will only meet your writing goals if you put in the work necessary. Furthermore, if your goal is to be published with a traditional publishing house, you are responsible for finding and agent and publisher.
I treat all clients with dignity and respect and expect the same in return; I also expect clients to treat one another with dignity and respect. Should this not be the case, so long as I do not feel my safety is compromised, I will raise the issue with you and try to work through it. Should the issue persist, I may deem it necessary to terminate our professional relationship and revoke your access to the site and/or materials associated with/purchased from it.
Refunds are possible so long as they are requested within 30 days of purchase, but only if you can demonstrate that you have fully engaged with the coaching or course purchased. For example, if you purchase my 6-month course, ‘There’s a Book in Every Expert’, you would need to submit evidence you to have completed all of the work for the first 4 weeks along with proof that the course was not working for you.
By purchasing goods or services from this site, you signal you accept this refund policy.
Terms and conditions specific to: There’s a Book in Every Expert – Write Your Book in 6 Months
By purchasing this course, you agree that the course fee covers the following:
- Access to the course materials;
- Access to Zoom coaching calls and workshops (where applicable); and
- Access to a private Facebook group for the duration of the course.
The course fee does not
cover editorial services, printing/publishing services, or distribution
of your book.
Terms and conditions for editorial work
These terms apply to work undertaken by me (the Freelancer) for you (the Client) on a freelance basis. They are compliant with the terms and conditions drawn up for freelance editors drawn up on behalf of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders.
- These terms & conditions apply to any work done for the Client by the Freelancer.
- The Client is under no obligation to offer the Freelancer work; neither is the Freelancer under any obligation to accept work offered by the Client.
- The Freelancer will provide service(s) as mutually agreed, confirmed in writing by the Client.
- The work will be carried out unsupervised at such times and places as determined by the Freelancer, using her/his own equipment.
- The Freelancer confirms that she/he is self-employed, is responsible for her/his own income tax and National Insurance contributions, and for paying VAT (where applicable) and will not claim benefits granted to the Client’s employees.
- The Freelancer agrees to attend the Client’s or other premises for necessary meetings, the time spent and agreed reasonable expenses incurred to be reimbursed by the Client.
- The Client will reimburse the Freelancer for agreed reasonable expenses over and above usual expenses incurred in the process of editorial work.
- The Client will pay the Freelancer a fee per hour OR per printed page OR an agreed flat fee for the job, plus VAT where applicable.
- The completed work will be delivered on or before the date agreed, for the agreed fee, which will be based on the description of the work required and the brief, both supplied by the Client.
- If, however, on receipt of the item to be worked on or at an early stage, it becomes apparent that significantly more work is required than had been anticipated in the preliminary discussion/brief, the Freelancer may renegotiate the fee and/or the deadline.
- Similarly, if, during the term of the Freelancer’s work, additional tasks are requested by the Client, the Freelancer may renegotiate the fee and/or the deadline.
- If the project is lengthy, the Freelancer may invoice periodically for completed stages.
- Any content created by the Freelancer as part of the copyediting/proofreading/project management process will become the copyright of the Client, unless otherwise agreed.
- The nature and content of the work will be kept confidential and not made known to anyone other than the Client and its contractors without prior written permission.
- The Freelancer guarantees that any work that she/he subcontracts on behalf of the Client will be completed to the same standard, schedule and budget and with the same conditions of confidentiality.
- If the Freelancer’s work is unsatisfactory, the Freelancer will rectify it in her/his own time and at her/his own expense.
- Unless agreed otherwise at the outset, payment will be made within 30 days of receipt of the Freelancer’s invoice, according to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 (amended 2002 and 2013).
- Either the Client or the Freelancer has the right to terminate a contract for services if there is a serious breach of its terms.
- If the Freelancer has made a substantial contribution to the copyediting/proofreading/project management of the work, she/he will be entitled to receive one free copy of the work.
- The Freelancer may use the Client’s name in her/his promotional material.
- This agreement is subject to the laws of England and Wales [or Scots or Northern Ireland law, as appropriate], and both Freelancer and Client agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English and Welsh [or Scots or Northern Ireland] courts.
 The only exception to this is if you purchase a course and then agree a delayed start date (with me via email within 7 days of purchase); under this circumstance, you would have 30 days from your agreed start date to claim a refund; again, only if you submit evidence of engagement over those 30 days and proof that the course is not working for you.