I am registered as a sole trader operating as Dr Jennifer Jones – Expert Writing Coach. I offer copyediting, proofreading, and coaching; I also publish and sell courses and guides to help writers. I work with clients from all over the world.
I will only use information I collect from you in the ways described below; this policy was last updated on 3 December 2019.
What information do I collect?
- your name
- your email address
- details of your inquiry
- payment details (when you purchase a product or service)
Why do I need information from you?
I use it to:
- allow me to give you a quote for editorial work
- allow us to arrange a coaching call
- give you access to materials you have ordered
- gain insight into how people use my website
- give you access to protected areas of my website.
How do I collect this information?
- Opt-in form (ActiveCampaign and/or Facebook)
- Contact form (WordPress)
- Email (gmail)
- Course access/membership – ThriveApprentice
What do I do with this information?
- I use it for tax and accounting purposes (both to file my income tax returns with HMRC and the IRS – as a US citizen residing in the UK, I must file in both countries – and to send invoices to clients).
- I use it to contact you in response to queries about my products or services.
- I use it to send edited work or purchased ebooks to you.
- If you give express permission, I will use your email address to send. marketing information and newsletters (I use MailChimp to send these).
How/where do I store your data?
Any US based servers used by the above named companies are registered with the EU-US Privacy Shield.
What I will not do with your information:
I will never sell your data, nor will I share it with a third party unless I am required to do so by law.
Can you opt out?
Of course; you may opt out any time you like–simply ask me to remove your data from WordPress, MailerLite, or gmail. Please note that if I have been paid by you, I will need to retain some data for tax purposes (see below).
What do I do with cookies?
How long will I keep your data?
- I generally only delete data if a client asks me to do so; this saves time should a client work with me more than once. I am required to keep data relevant to tax purposes for a minimum of 5 years (HMRC; the IRS minimum is 3 years in most cases).
- As I said above, I will delete your data on request so long as doing so does not contravene tax law.
If you have any questions please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.