As you’ll learn in our interview, Lucie draws on her own experiences of anxiety to help you overcome anxiety in your own life! In short, she’s written the book she wished she’d have had while she worked through her anxiety.
Lucie has written two books: The Anxious Hippie and the companion book titled The Anxious Hippie Handbook.
In addition to her books, Lucie works tirelessly to help people with anxiety and also to remove the stigma of mental illness.
Through workshops, speaking engagements, podcasts and her writing, her focus is clear and her heart is full with the message that no one needs to live with anxiety forever.
Lucie lives in a small beach town in New Jersey with her husband and three children. She holds coaching certifications from the Functional Nutrition Lab and for EFT (tapping), as well as a certification in mental health first aid.
Here are a few things Lucie Dickenson now knows:
- High colonics don’t cure anxiety
- Eyebrow waxing is best left to the professionals
- Anxiety can be a fearful condition or a beautiful, but brutal guide
- Laughing is medicine. Crying is cathartic. Fear f*cks you up.
- Every silver lining can in fact have a touch of grey- and that is okay!
Here are some things she still has no freaking clue about
- How some people can remember everybody’s name?
- Why so many women have to deal with weak bladders?
- How to be perfect. But does anyone really have a handle on this one?
The Anxious Hippie book and handbook take you on her journey from fear, worry, and overreacting to finding the peace, love, and blessings in anxiety. Lucie openly shares short vignettes and stories from her life that will make you laugh and cry and help you find healing through her raw account of what it’s like to live with anxiety.
To learn more about how Lucie can help you, sign up for 5 quick tips to help you (or your child) during a panic attack.
See all of your speakers here.